Did you miss us?!
Last week we had some super cool, top secret projects that needed tending, so the blog just didn't happen. It's kind of like laundry day!
Today Birkenstock has the stage and there's a lot of interesting information about to spill!
Starting from the ground up with the original footbed, which is the star of all models! The word “footbed” was first used by Birkenstock in the 1930's when describing anatomically shaped inner soles with special support elements. A deep heel cup cradles your heel like a sweet baby right under your bone, providing skeletal support! Longitudinal arch support hugs along either side of the footbed providing stability, while the transverse arch support runs through the middle of the footbed. This helps ensure proper alignment with every step and a solid stance! Lastly, the raised toe bar promotes the natural gripping motion of your cute little toes, and even stimulates circulation!
Now let's talk material, which is our favorite!
- Suede is kind of like a fuzzy leather and has a breathable outer surface with a velvety finish.
- Natural Leather is untreated, and is anywhere from 2.8 to 3.2 millimeters thick.
- Oiled Leather is obtained from tanneries and has either a oily or waxy surface coating, depending on the desired outcome.
- Nubuck Leather is top-grain leather with a softly brushed outer surface.
- Patent Leather has a smooth finish from film coating, giving the leather some sheen and shine!
- Birko-Flor is very durable, easily cleaned and is used by Birkenstock alone.
- Birko-Flor Nubuck, in layman terms, is manmade nubuck leather.
- Birko-Flor Patent is moisture-repelling with a smooth patent finish that gives you an endless possibility of colorways!
- Linen/Canvas is the most robust textiles and most commonly used in clothing that can endure heavy wear.
- Micofibre is a fabric that promotes air circulation and is extremely moisture-wicking.
- Wool Felt is one of the oldest textiles in history, and is often used for the upper of slippers.
Woof that was a ton of information, but in our opinion, it's super stellar to know what you're wearing and what it's all designed to do! That's it from us for the day but you know where you can find us next week!
Have a GREAT weekend!
Brown's Shoe Fit Co.